The journey through life is a process of challenge, learning, growth, discovery, and transformation. Sometimes you’ll feel confident that you’re making terrific progress. Sometimes, you may feel totally overwhelmed or just a bit uncertain.
I deeply honor your pursuits. I also know that you deserve to be kind to yourself as you pursue these next steps. Introspection is a wonderful part of the process, but it can be quite difficult if you strictly “go it alone.”
To All of My Visitors:
If you need a safe place to reflect and explore yourself with support from another person, I invite you to consider my offer of assistance: You can contact Dr. Kerlin and summarize the key issues you would like to address. I will follow up with you in writing, and then we can schedule an introductory online or telephone meeting. At that time, we will review your goals and discuss options for future counseling sessions.
I offer a full range of options for working together, including video meetings (Zoom, Google video), telephone or email support, and research guidance where appropriate.
My Professional Counseling and Consulting Services address these themes:
- Mental health concerns including anxiety and depression
- Educational resources about depression and other mental health disorders (NIMH guide) and treatment options
- Educational resources about personality disorders (NIMH guide) and treatment options
- Medical issues, health and wellness
- Researching diseases and conditions (Mayo Clinic guide)
- Relationship, family and friendship issues
- Overcoming self-doubt
- Emotional abuse and posttraumatic stress (PTSD)
- Fear and panic attacks
- Crisis management and emotional support
- Stress management
- Grief and loss support
- LGBTQI and gender-related issues
- Sexuality issues
- Life transitions and life purpose
- Self-Care and Self-Compassion
- Mindfulness and wellness support
- Meditation guidance and creative visualization
- Spiritual support
- Multicultural and diversity issues
- Workplace challenges, including toxic bosses and career burnout
- Research on college and university mental health issues from the Healthy Minds Network and University of Michigan
- Clinical reference literature on mental health and psychiatry topics
* For further reference on career counseling, please visit my Career Assessment page.
I am a member of the American Psychological Association, the Healthy Minds Network, the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) and the National Career Development Association. I am certified in Mental Health First Aid and QPR Suicide Awareness.
Being true to your inner voice is so essential. Feeling support from others is equally vital.