* For Individuals:
If you are currently in need of counseling/emotional support or professional consulting services, I provide a wide array of resources and affordable counseling services. For more details, visit our Counseling and Mental Health Support and Gradmentor research pages.
* For Prospective and Current Graduate Students:
If you are considering pursuing a graduate degree (Master’s, Doctorate, or Professional) or if you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, I recommend visiting the graduate references page and research tools pages. Then consider these questions:
- Are you seeking professional support for completing your doctoral dissertation or Master’s thesis?
- Do you need guidance on how to work effectively with your graduate adviser or committee?
- Have you reached a major turning point in your graduate degree program and need help with reviewing your options?
- Are you in need of guidance on how to effectively utilize a wide array of advanced research tools?
Gradmentor will help you maximize your academic and career potential!
Dr. Kerlin has mentored hundreds of graduate students in U.S. and Canadian universities toward successful completion of their graduate degrees and evaluation of their professional career options.
Gradmentor delivers effective, affordable results-driven professional coaching and personal counseling for individual graduate students. Scott specializes in a variety of services:
- thesis and dissertation coaching for timely completion in all academic disciplines
- assistance with research and thesis/dissertation writing and development
- enhanced student motivation and momentum to complete the graduate degree
- clarification and evaluation of career goals and strategies
- development of a solid plan and accountability for your success
- strategies for evaluating effectiveness of committee faculty and managing academic politics
- providing emotional and interpersonal support
- boosting your self-confidence and increasing your personal empowerment
- reducing stress, anxiety, and isolation
A comprehensive overview of Dr. Kerlin’s dissertation coaching services is available from the dissertation coaching page.
FREE CONSULTATION FOR CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
Gradmentor services and fees are tailored to individual student needs and budgets. Here are two of my most popular packages. (Click handout for a printable copy of this.)
Option 1: Gradmentor Startup Package
(2 Meetings Per Month)
For graduate students who seek moderate levels of support or guidance for completing the thesis or dissertation, this package provides an affordable solution. It includes two one-on-one telephone coaching sessions per month, each lasting 1.5 – 2 hours, e-mail support, as well as the following:
- Guidance and feedback on thesis or dissertation development
- Strategies for maintaining motivation, accountability, and timely degree progress
- Writing support and tips for working with advisers and committees
- Assistance with maintaining a timeline for completing the thesis or dissertation
- Guidance for effective time-management
- Review and assessment of career options
Option 2: Gradmentor Weekly Dissertation/Thesis Coaching Package
(4 Meetings Per Month)
Do you need ongoing, substantial professional support to see you through completion of your thesis or dissertation? This package is recommended for students who need strategic assistance during the final years of thesis or dissertation completion. It includes weekly one-on-one telephone coaching sessions each lasting 1.5 – 2 hours, along with e-mail support in between sessions.
Scott will assist you with:
- Setting and maintaining goals that are realistic, achievable, and sustainable
- Gaining or regaining an overall sense of empowerment–you are in the driver’s seat
- Creating an Individual Strategic Plan (ISP) with clear steps towards reaching your goals
- Clarifying your research topic and evaluating various research methods
- Strengthening and polishing your writing skills, overcoming writing anxiety
- Reviewing your thesis or dissertation for writing quality and “defensibility”
- Practicing for presentations (oral, written, or electronic) and interviews
- Preparing for the oral defense (at the proposal and final stages)
- Planning for academic publication and presentation at scholarly conferences
- Identifying your core strengths, professional objectives, and transferable career skills (I use a variety of career and personal assessment indicators)
- Clarifying personal, intellectual, and professional ethics and values
- Maintaining your overall health and wellness
- Balancing multiple commitments (graduate degree, family, career)
- Managing your time effectively
Other packages are available on request–see contact details below.